stub (iolra: stubs)
- There was only a stub left of the pencil.
- He smoked the cigarette down to a stub.
- His stub ached after the leg was amputated.
- The short article was really only a stub.
- Hold on to your ticket stub in case you need to leave and return to the concert.
- She wrote a stub in the Wiki as a placeholder.
- I stubbed my toe on the chair leg while trying to find the phone.
- I stubbed in the examples for the first draft of this article.
- He stubbed out the cigarette in the ashtray.